Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: SAT at Wake Forest

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    SAT at Wake Forest

    WF will no longer use SAT scores for admission criteria . Not the 1st school to scrap the standardized testing but the 1st of the top 30 ranked schools . SAT critics have always said minorities and the disadvantaged have suffered from SATs , we'll see now I guess . Thoughts anyone ?
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT at Wake Forest

    HTF are you supposed to gauge the aptitude of the applicant? The color of their skin?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT at Wake Forest

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HTF are you supposed to gauge the aptitude of the applicant? The color of their skin?</div></div>

    Probably will look at transcripts and judge by GPA and the higher level classes taken and all that fun stuff - you know, the classes and such that the anti-consolidation people are declaring unnecessary for Wise County students.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT at Wake Forest

    Ah it's not to bad when I was in high school I just had to take 3 classes at Mountain Empire and a class in a janitors closest. I mean who doesn't want a high school student to do that?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT at Wake Forest

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah it's not to bad when I was in high school I just had to take 3 classes at Mountain Empire and a class in a janitors closest. I mean who doesn't want a high school student to do that?</div></div>
    I guess it's worth it to shelter our youth from the frightening reality of meeting new people, doing new things, and having better experiences...
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT at Wake Forest

    God forbid they be prepared for college. In all honesty the basic high school curriculum in Wise County does nothing to prepare a student for a four year university.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT at Wake Forest

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God forbid they be prepared for college. In all honesty the basic high school curriculum in Wise County does nothing to prepare a student for a four year university.</div></div>
    I agree. I was one of those students who really wished she had better college prep in high school.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT at Wake Forest

    I think most students from Wise County feel that way. You really have no clue how to properly study, prepare, or the amount of work required for a college level class.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT at Wake Forest

    I really like the billboard they have up now that at the bottom says "unify wise county" I guess you "unify" by keeping people segregated from each other. That is the most retarded statement I have seen in a while.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SAT at Wake Forest

    I could have done without taking the SAT three or four times in high school. I mean, our guidance counselor made sure every honor student took it at least twice junior year and early senior year. Ruined so many Saturdays.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •